Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Breakfast: An Oldie but a goodie

When my husband first visited me back in Rimouski, Canada, I didn't want to admit that I couldn't cook anything. So, I pretended to know what I was doing. One thing I could do fairly safely is boiling eggs. So for breakfast I proudly served him a version of this.

I just recently rediscovered my super breakfast and reworked it a little. I like to have this with an orange as "dessert". Here's what it looks like:



"Mushed-up egg" half sandwich
2 servings, 5P+/serving

Ingredients
2 soft boiled eggs*
2 slices, Canadian bacon, chopped up
2 light english muffins, halved
salt & pepper

Mash the egg in a bowl, add the chopped (the smaller pieces the better) Canadian bacon to the egg. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Spread 1/4 of the mixture over each half English muffin.

You could easily mince vegetables in there, leftover cooked veggies, whatever you want to add. It's also good with a little cumin, or curry powder even. Have fun!

*Bring the water to a boil, carefully add egg, boil for about 6 minutes. The white should be all cooked, but the yolk still very mushy. I would not cook soft boiled egg too far ahead of time, though hard boiled eggs last for days.

Not all meals you eat have to be fuffy and complicated!

Be good n stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment